South America Vacation

Saturday, October 21, 2006

From Chile to Argentina





I ended up in the Northern desert of chile, in a small resort village called San Pedro de la Atacama. It was a super cute little village with amazing scenery surrounding it. We stayed for 2 days, than headed to Salta, Argentina. This country is amazing! It is very European, but dirt cheap. I had an hour massage for only 7 dollars! The steak is amazing..and also very cheap. The wine is very amazing...also very cheap...and I have been drinking as much as I can! My English friend, Jo, and I went on a one day trekk through the Argentinian jungle..unfortunately it is was a bit rainy, so we didnt get the best view from the top...picture above. On the way back down the mountain we actually had to change our path because a bunch of cows were in the way and would not move!
We also did a half day horseback ride through the valley. My horse was a bit of a loose canon.....never knew what is was going to do and it kept stopping to eat! It was fun though anyway. We also spent last night enjoying the nightlife. The party here doesnt start until about 3am...needless to say we got back to the hostel quite early in the morning. The lack of sleep and hangover was well worth it though!
I am heading to a small town called cafayate next to enjoy their vinyards and much more wine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home