South America Vacation

Friday, December 01, 2006

Finally some heat!






I spent a few days at the end of the world enjoying the landscape. We did a boat cruise around the Beagle channel and saw a bunch of sealions and birds. We went hiking in the national park which was quite beautiful and scenic. The panamerican highway ends in this park, so we made it there to take some photos...I also enjoyed a lot of cold weather there...yes, even snow! ( I am not sure that it was as cold as Alberta though... :)
We had a few really long days on the bus but finally arrived to Puerto Madryn where it was sunny and hot! I spent a day lazing on the beach which was brilliant. We played some beach volleyball and soccer, got a few odd looks from the locals... We spent the next day in Peninsula Valdes. We went whale watching in the morning. This was unreal. We saw a whole bunch of South Right whales. They were quite calm, but did come right up to the boat... and they were HUGE. I have never seen anything like it. We spent the afternoon in a penguin colony and two elephant seal colonies. The penguins were very cute and small, and we were able to get quite close.
After Puerto Madryn, we spent another day and a half on the bus and FINALLY arrived in Buenos Aires....an amazing city. It is huge, hot, sunny and has a lot of great shopping! I think I may be getting quite a bit poorer in this city....
And the BEST news...I am now a very proud auntie of the cutest baby ever... Baby girl Abigail Maya Elizabeth just born today!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home